- Portion of pulled pork, pulled beef or other filling
- 8 tortillas (preferably corn or corn & wheat)
- 1 tin tomatoes or 1 jar tomato passata
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped into quarters
- 1-2 chillies, deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 10g fresh coriander
- 1 lime, juiced
- 100g cheddar cheese
- Olive oil or cooking oil
- Frozen peas
- Microwave mexican-style rice
- T-60m: Make the salsa: in a blender, add the tomatoes or passata, onion, chillies, garlic, coriander, and lime juice, and season with salt. Blend together until everything is finely chopped.
- T-45m: Grease a large pyrex dish or several individual dishes with the olive oil or cooking oil. Lay out the tortillas on a clean worksurface and divide the filling between them, making a long row of filling down the centre of each tortilla. Fold over and roll up each tortilla and place in the greased dish(es), seam side down.
- T-35m: Turn on the oven to 180 C
- T-35m: Spread the prepared salsa over the middle of each enchilada, and grate plenty of cheddar cheese over the top
- T-30m: Put the enchiladas in the oven.
- T-5m: Check the enchiladas and turn up the heat to brown if necessary
- T-5m: Put the frozen peas into an empty saucepan and just cover with cold water. Put a lid on the pan and put on a high heat. Drain them in a sieve as soon as they come to the boil.
- T-3m: Microwave the rice according to the instructions on the packet
- T-0m: Serve
Other fillings could include fried onions, mushrooms and peppers; fried strips of chicken flavoured with olive oil, salt and paprika; fried strips of beef flavoured with salt, garlic and lime juice;